March 11, 2022 // PA Meeting Minutes
- Virtual Art Project – It was great that students could log on and everyone had a great time.
- FASA Valentine’s Day – Thank you to FASA for organizing thoughtful treats for teachers and staff.
- Reminder that Class Picture Day is next Tuesday March 15
- Tuesday Morning Coffees are back. Please join us.
- Liz Isanuk provided an update on the March Match Challenge. A board member offered to match donations up to $5000. SPS reached its goal within one week, and so a second board member offered the same match. Now is the chance to double your gift! We are aiming for 50% participation from families this school year.
- Scholastic Book Fair: Jodi Lokoff, Sharon Jayakumar and Janet Reynolds are this year’s co-chairs. It will take place from April 4-8 and will be indoors!
- The theme is ‘Books Bring Us Together’
- E-Wallet will be available for families who do not want to send cash to school. Information will go home and will be in the newsletter.
- Preview of books can be seen in the Scholastic flier.
- Teacher wish-lists this year for the option to donate a book to your child’s classroom.
- Class shopping throughout the week and family shopping hours each day from 3:30 – 5:00pm.
- Volunteers needed. Look out for a sign-up genius next week.
Family Ice Skating
- This Sunday March 13 from 4-5pm. Please arrive by 3:45pm to check in at the SPS table.
- Includes skate rental and admission
- Parking permits will be available upon entry
- Penn requires masks for indoor activities and events
- We are all looking forward to this community event
Annual Auction: Liz Isanuk, Director of Advancement
- 100 for 100 Raffle – $100 per ticket, only 100 tickets available. Holder of the winning ticket will win a Grade Party for their student’s class to take place before the end of the current school year.
- The Museum of the American Revolution is the venue.
- Early bird ticket pricing offer will go out in April ($100/ticket instead of $125)
- Kerri Daly will be the auctioneer again and she brings a lot of energy and fun to the event.
Matt Evans, Head of School
- Today was the Wax Museum project. It was great to see students and their families at Old Pine.
- Staffing update: SPS is hiring a second 3rd grade teacher for next year and a new 4th grade teacher (Ms. Tice is moving to Seattle). Also adding an Equity Coordinator who can help expand programs to increase diversity and equity.
- Admissions update: inquiries to admissions up 10% this year
- Thank you to Emily and Beth and the PA for helping to bring back community events this year. We are excited about May Day and Field Day at Starr Garden and the opportunity to get families back on campus. Thank you to FASA for all the ways it supports our teachers.
- Thank you everyone for your patience and support throughout the pandemic.
- Church construction of a community center is still on hold.
Thank you to everyone for joining and hope to see you at ice skating on Sunday.